Manufacturing News

Industry & People

Avure Technologies Incorporated, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Flow International Corporation, recently received the IFT Industrial Achievement Award for developing and commercializing high pressure processing (HPP). The company’s HPP technology is marketed under the “Fresher Under Pressure” brand name.

Minneapolis-based Cargill Incorporated acquired Cerestar which represents a 56 percent shareholding of the Montedison group of Italy, global manufacturer of starches, sweeteners and derivatives. Cargill will now file a public tender offer for the remaining 44 percent held publicly.

Dale Seiberling received the 2002 International Association of Food Industry Suppliers (IAFIS) Distinguished Service Award. In a career that has spanned more than 50 years, Seiberling’s innovations have won him four patents for a separator disc washer, a continuous curd producing system, a fixed ball-type spray cleaning device and a continuous standardizing/blending system for dairy products.

Presented at the Association’s annual conference held recently in San Diego, CA, the award has been presented seven times since 1989.

Tyson Foods, Inc. is purchasing a bacon-processing facility in Omaha, Nebraska. The facility employs approximately 600 people primarily involved in co-packing smoked bacon for private brands for retail and foodservice. Co-packing will continue along with manufacturing of products under brand names owned by Tyson.

AdvantaPure, manufacturer of tubing, hose, fittings and assemblies for sanitary fluid flow has appointed Don Malizia as general manager.

The Stellar Group promoted Dave Touring to director of design for the company’s distribution division and Humberto Lopez to director of project development in the process division. Touring is responsible for the design phase of project development including planning and scheduling of all construction documentation and communicating design development progress to the client. Lopez is responsible for budgeting and coordination of schedule and cost for all food processing related projects at Stellar.

Howard M. Dean of Dean Foods Company retired April 12 as director and as chairman of the board of directors. Mr. Dean worked with the firm for 37 years serving as president from 1970 to 1988 and as chairman and CEO from 1988 through 2001.

Tom Brown has been appointed director of consumer insights for all Snapple Beverage Group Brands.

The new U.S. foodservice director for Tetra Pak is Christopher M. Fabbri. He will work with customers to adapt and expand product lines. Fabbri joined Tetra Pak after seven years at Kraft Foods.

Dave Sorter is the new vice president of sales and marketing at Arca Xytec.

SSOE, Inc. named John Michalec as national account executive.

Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to Food Engineering Magazine.

You must login or register in order to post a comment.



Image Galleries

Food Engineering's Food Automation & Manufacturing Conference and Expo 2015

Images from Food Engineering's Food Automation & Manufacturing Conference and Expo in Clearwater Beach, Florida, April 12-15, 2015. The event brought food and beverage processors and suppliers together to gain valuable information on the latest trends and technologies in manufacturing, automation, sustainability and food safety.


Burns & McDonnell project manager RJ Hope and senior project engineer Justin Hamilton discuss the distinctions between Food Safety and Food Defense as well as the implications for food manufacturers of the Food Safety Modernization Act.
More Podcasts

Food Engineering

Food Engineering May 2015 Cover

2015 May

The May 2015 issue of Food Engineering explores effective tools for hitting manufacturing targets. Also, read how processors are looking for faster ways to detect harmful pathogens in food and beverages without sacrificing accuracy or reliability.

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Plant Facility/Site Issues

What issue about your current plant facility/site keeps you up the most at night?
View Results Poll Archive


Food Authentication Using Bioorganic Molecules

This text provides critical tools and data needed to augment routine food analysis and enhance food safety by aiding in the detection of counterfeit, and potentially deleterious, foods.

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.


FE recent tweets

facebook_40.pngtwitter_40px.pngyoutube_40px.png linkedin_40px.pngGoogle +

Food Master

Food Engineering Food Master 2015Food Master 2015 is now available!

Where the buying process begins in the food and beverage manufacturing market. 

Visit to learn more.