- THE MAGAZINE
- FOOD MASTER
PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2011, scheduled for September 26 to 28 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, will feature more than 1,600 exhibitors and cover more than 600,000 square feet. The trade show, produced by PMMI, will include special exhibit pavilions including The Brand Zone, The Processing Zone, The Pharmaceutical Pavilion and The Reusable Packaging Pavilion.
For the first time in PACK EXPO history, the show will feature a Leadership Lecture, which will be delivered by Gen. Colin Powell, former US Secretary of State, National Security Advisor and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The lecture is entitled “Diplomacy: Persuasion, Trust & Values,” and will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center on Tuesday, September 27. A reception begins at 3:30 p.m., followed by Gen. Powell’s presentation from 4:30–5:30 p.m. Tickets for the Leadership Lecture are on sale at Packexpo.com for $125 per person. Group discounts are available.
PACK EXPO 2011 will include approximately 50 educational sessions on topics such as sustainability, food safety and the Food Safety Modernization Act, serialization and project management. Taking a customer-centric approach to the educational program this year, PACK EXPO has partnered with five leading industry organizations to develop programming that directly addresses the needs of attendees. Conference partners come from a variety of disciplines and viewpoints within both processing and packaging: The Alliance for Innovation & Operational Excellence (AIOE); Converting & Package Printing (CPP) EXPO; The Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP); The International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT); and The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA).
In addition to the program and exhibit highlights mentioned above, PACK EXPO Las Vegas offers attendees the following benefits:
• The opportunity to connect with more than 1,600 suppliers and 25,000 colleagues
• Total systems solutions for precisely integrated production lines
• Cutting-edge technologies that apply in all vertical markets
• An enhanced conference program presented by key industry players
• Market-specific lounges for networking and education on the show floor: The Candy Bar, The Baking/Snack Break and the Rx Lounge
• The future of retailing and packaging as envisioned by Clemson University
• Material ConneXion’s display of the newest packaging materials available
• The Showcase of Packaging Innovations-300 award-winning packages, and
• The sixth annual PACK EXPO Selects Competition.
PACK EXPO AT A GLANCE
} Where: Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV
} When: Monday, September 26 through Wednesday, September 28
} Exhibit Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
} Conference Sessions: Monday, September 26 and Tuesday, September 27 – 9:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.; Wednesday, September 28 – 9:00 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
} Contact: 703-243-8555 or www.packexpo.com