Welcoming You Back Safely
As Food Automation & Manufacturing Conference and Expo leads the way in bringing the industry back together again in-person in 2021, the health and safety of our on-site event participants remains a top priority. In addition to following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) prevention strategies guidelines as well as all current federal, state and local directives, we are continuing to develop and implement the most up-to-date protocols for a safe and successful in-person event this September.
We are committed to keeping all of our exhibitors, attendees, staff and vendors up to date with the latest health & safety developments to ensure a coordinated and a safe on-site experience for all. As guidelines and restrictions continue to change and evolve, FA&M will adapt plans accordingly and provide regular updates to event participants as necessary.
as of 7/15/2021
Currently Doral Miami follows the prevention strategies set forth by the CDC and adheres to the recommendations outlined in the U.S. EPA's emerging Pathogen Policy regarding cleaning disinfectants. Doral Miami has made many enhancements to their cleaning protocols throughout the property and guest rooms to ensure a safe environment for all participants including:
- Increasing the frequency of sanitation and disinfectant practices, particularly in high traffic and high touch areas, including handrails, washrooms, doors and doorknobs.
- Positioning hand sanitizer stations in key high-traffic areas throughout the facility.
- Increasing the strength of the disinfecting solutions used.
- Increased training for building personnel to identify potential issues and prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
- The Public Safety department, Paramedics/EMT, Event Staff and Security personnel have been educated and trained in identifying and recognizing the signs, symptoms and prevention of COVID-19.
- Remaining in close contact with local, state and federal authorities/agencies for the latest updates and recommendations.
Event management will implement and enforce all protocols and COVID-19 directives/mandates established by city, state, local and federal government agencies. As part of our commitment to support a safe experience, everyone in attendance, including attendees, exhibitors, vendors, building employees and event staff, are expected to comply with the following health and safety requirements:
- Face coverings – Individuals that are fully vaccinated will NOT be required to wear a face covering. Non-vaccinated individuals will be required to wear a properly fitted face covering at all times while indoors at the event. Disposable masks will be available for those that need them in the registration area.
- Increased sanitization and hygiene – We ask that you use hand sanitizer when provided to protect yourself and other event participants. It is the responsibility of everyone to maintain personal hygiene, including washing hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- Physical distancing – We ask that, to the best of your ability, you stay a safe distance from each other to keep everyone healthy.
- Healthy You - We ask that participants come to the event symptom free of any illness and not attend the event if you feel sick, have a temperature or generally do not feel well.
- Session Seating - meeting rooms where educational sessions will be taking place will have two general seating types. Regular seat spacing (adjacent) at the front of the room and separated seating (space between seats) in the rear of the room. You are welcome to sit where you feel most comfortable.
Exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including FA&M. Before purchasing a ticket for and attending FA&M, ensure you have read the latest CDC Guidelines for Prevention.
By attending FA&M, you acknowledge this inherent risk and, as a condition of FA&M, you acknowledge, understand and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- You will abide by all of the FA&M health-and-safety requirements
- You are not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov, including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Before attending FA&M you have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine; and
- You are not under any self-quarantine orders.
Please do not enter FA&M or Doral Miami if you cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during your time at FA&M you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave at the sole discretion of event management.Please note: The guidelines in this document are based on information currently available regarding the behavior and characteristics of the COVID-19 virus, public health information and local or state guidelines with respect to large gatherings in any particular community. As more clarity concerning these variables emerge, these guidelines may be adjusted accordingly.