Trends and Opportunities in the US Packaging Industry: Analysis of changing packaging trends in the Food, Cosmetics and Toiletries, Beverages, and Other Industries
Single User License: Allows the person purchasing the report and that person alone to view and use the report
Site License: Allows the person purchasing the report and any colleagues that work in the same building for the same organization to view and use the report
Enterprise License: Allows the person purchasing the report and any colleague within the same organization to view and use the report regardless of location
Once purchased your report will be sent to you electronically via email. Please allow 1-2 business days for arrival.
Returns or Refunds - The electronic format and type of information provided by GlobalData is such that GlobalData cannot accept returns of products once they have been dispatched. Refunds will only be considered where the product does not accurately reflect what is being advertised. Refunds may occasionally be offered at the discretion of the management.
The packaging industry in the US is estimated to grow from 576,485.1 million units in 2017 to 608,538.7 million units in 2022, registering a CAGR of 1.1%. Busier lifestyles, rising purchasing power and consequently growing demand for packaged goods is fueling the growth of the packaging industry in the US. Convenience, efficiency and sustainability are the major trends in the US packaging industry. Higher spending ability in Americans will aid the growth of novel, premium, and eco-friendly products that are packaged in luxurious and/or eco-friendly packages to enhance their look and feel. The need for convenience will continue to drive the growth of single-serve, on-the-go, and easy to store/open/close packages in the US.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of US' packaging market. It includes market overview, growth analysis by pack material and industry, pack material growth analysis by industry and sector, analysis by pack material, and trends, case studies, and future outlook.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the packaging industry in the US, as part of our coverage of the industry across 20 countries. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market overview: provides an overview of the usage of different packaging materials across different industries in terms of the number of units, packaging share, and growth rates during 2012-2022.
- Growth analysis by pack material and industry: provides an overview of the shift in the utilization of various packaging materials across industries during 2017-2022.
- Pack material growth analysis by industry and sector: provides an overview of each packaging material and the industry where it is mostly used.
- Analysis by pack material: provides the growth rates (CAGR during 2017-2022) of different packaging materials within each industry.
- Key packaging materials: includes data and analysis - number of units (millions), volumes (million kg/lit/units), growth rates - for five packaging types: rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass, paper & board, flexible packaging, and others (those not included in any of the five mentioned) during 2017-2022. It also covers:
- Pack sub-type: includes aluminum, aluminum foil/paper/plastic, brick, flexible plastic, gable top, glass, HDPE, metal, paper, paper & board, PET, plastic, ready metal trays, shaped, thin-walled, and others
- Pack type: includes aerosol, jar, can - food, bag/sachet, pouch, tray, tub, carton, film, tin, bottle, box, blister pack, foil, wrapper, clamshell, tube, can - composite, can - drink, other line items, sleeve, can - paint, keg/drum, cup, bag-in-box, specialty cosmetic containers and others
- Closure material: includes metal, natural, plastic, synthetic, and others
- Closure type: includes cap, twist off, prize off, foil, film, screw top, stopper, dispenser, flip/snap top, sports cap, plastic tie, crown, lever closure, and others
- Primary outer material: includes flexible, paper & board, rigid plastic, and others
- Primary outer type: includes box, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap, blister pack, and others
- Trends, case studies, and future outlook: provides an understanding of the ongoing packaging trends in the country - convenience, affordability, multi-packs, eco-friendly, etc.- across the five packaging materials. The report also provides a view of the future prospects of the packaging industry. The case studies in each packaging section give a success example, highlighting the packaging innovations, strategies, and best practices.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
a. Key takeaways
b. Market size analysis by pack material and industry
c. Pack unit analysis by industry
3. Growth Analysis by Pack Material and Industry
a. Use of pack material by industry and change in consumption over 2017-2022
4. Growth Analysis of Pack Material by Industry and Sector
5. Analysis by Pack Material (Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, and Glass)