Home to nearly one-third of the nation’s top consumer packaged goods companies, PACK EXPO East (April 16-18, 2018, Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia) will address the trends and challenges driving the food and beverage market. The show will bring together 400 exhibitors and 6,000 industry professionals over 100,000 net square feet of exhibit space.
Some of the new technologies on display include:
A four-lane filling machine that works with cups of all styles and sizes will be on display by Packline USA (Booth #1020). The NBM cup filler and sealer is the latest in a technologically advanced line of fully automatic rotary filling and sealing machines. The NBM is designed for full flexibility, working with sealing styles with diameters of up to 140 mm and pre-cut lids or membranes cut from the roll. It may be designed with up to four lanes and has the capacity for up to four filling units.
Redzone Production Systems (Booth #1808) presents its Continuous Improvement Management software, which enables mid-size food and beverage manufacturers to make continuous improvement a reality. A combination of social, mobile technology and a unique coaching program develops the skills and structure of the workforce to engage every employee.
Omega Design Corp (Booth #1613) will present its new OmniFeeder, a servo-operated, variable-speed canister and pouch feeder for desiccants and oxygen absorbers. The feeder can precisely place pouches or canisters of any size into bottles at speeds reaching speeds greater than 600 bpm for single drops. The OmniFeeder is also capable of running both canisters and pouches through the same feeder head.
Inland Packaging (Booth #1323) will showcase the Digimarc Barcode, which is repeated multiple times over the entire label so that it can interact with point-of-sale image scanners and mobile devices, but remains invisible to the consumer’s eye. The Digimarc Barcode leaves more room on the package for branding, while delivering data included in traditional barcodes. It also allows consumers to learn more information about a product simply by pointing their smartphone camera at the label. The camera automatically senses the invisible barcode, eliminating the need for QR codes.
In addition to these new technologies, attendees will have access to some must-see highlights at this year’s show:
- NEW! Drone Demonstrations: (Booth #550) Come experience the PACK EXPO DRONE DEMO – Packaging for the Last Mile in for insight on the latest frontier in supply chain logistics: drone package delivery by Workhorse. Drones will take off from the top of electric trucks and make deliveries to mock houses populating the 2,400-square foot exhibit space. Cameras mounted onto the drones will show the unique drone delivery perspective as part of the interactive display. The entirely unmanned drones and electric trucks will bring to life an automated package distribution system that is faster and more efficient than any other. The daily demonstrations will take place on the hour from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- NEW! The Forum at PACK EXPO: (Booth #1629) Take advantage of free, unique, interactive presentations throughout PACK EXPO East. The Forum will feature 20-minute open sessions on the latest industry trends by the OpX Leadership Network, Institute of Packaging Professionals, Contract Packagers Association and PMMI Business Intelligence, followed by 25-minute small group discussions and Q&A sessions.
- Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network (PPWLN) regional meeting: Launched in 2016, PPWLN serves to recruit, retain and advance women in processing and packaging. The PPWLN meeting is Tuesday, April 17, from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and will include presentations and discussions allowing peers to exchange ideas and experiences.
The meeting kicks off with breakfast followed by a keynote on How to Leverage Your Self-Power from the Inside Out by Diane Wilhelm, chief engineer advanced manufacturing, Harley-Davidson Motor Company. Located in Room 119 AB. The keynote will be followed by a professional development workshop on Pitching It Up and Selling It Sideways, presented by Debra Zabloudil, president & CEO, The Learning Studio, Inc.
- The Innovation Stage: (Booth #1428) In the center of the action, the Innovation Stage offers ample opportunity for professional enrichment while you’re at PACK EXPO East. Exhibitors present free, 30-minute seminars throughout the day. The Innovation Stage is a valuable opportunity for attendees to learn about breakthrough technologies, innovative applications and proven approaches from the experts themselves.
- Future Innovators Robotics Showcase: (Booth #419) Come see high school robotics teams from the Philadelphia area showcasing their design, engineering and troubleshooting skills. Teams will demonstrate their robotics.
- Welcome Reception: Gather with peers and experience the “Taste of Philly,” a sampling of Philadelphia-inspired hors d'oeuvres and an open bar. The reception is on Monday, April 16 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Broad Street Atrium.
For more information or to register for the show, visit packexpoeast.com.