Columns

Editor's Note: Another new reality - Finding an electronic balance

October 4, 2012
Many successful business ideas are still uncovered over a coffee or a cocktail.
Read More

Editor's Note: Partnership will make the difference

August 6, 2012

Over the past few months, the news media have been full of reports about novel weight loss drugs and new findings about calories, metabolism and diets, as well continued reports on the obesity epidemic.

Read More

Reciprocating retorts

August 6, 2012
Rapid movement can dramatically reduce cycle times in retorts, but controlling the force created by a heavy basket’s motion required years of additional development.
Read More

Editor's Note: PS, I hate you. The truth doesn’t always set you free

May 3, 2012
When I was awoken today by my alarm clock set to a local news radio station, I thought, “Today’s going to be a better day for the food industry.”

Read More

Engineering R&D: MAP for HPP

May 3, 2012
High-pressure processing may be the 21st century’s most dynamic new technology for pasteurization, and modified atmosphere packaging is the latest expansion of its possibilities.

Read More

Editor's Note: Leaps in automation produce efficiency, but the human touch is still essential

April 5, 2012
As I was preparing remarks for this month’s Food Automation & Manufacturing Conference, I came across an Association for Manufacturing Excellence research study on the challenges facing manufacturing.

Read More

Food Safety: Verify, verify, verify

April 5, 2012
Recent rash of recalls reinforces the importance of a sound allergen control plan.

Read More

Engineering R&D: The upside of cavitation

April 5, 2012
Product heating and mixing are being transformed with technology that makes cavitation a positive force.

Read More

Editor's Note: It’s all about you, you smart, tech-savvy bunch

March 7, 2012
A few months ago, our corporate office conducted a survey on Food Engineering subscribers’ likes, dislikes and reading and researching habits.

Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

Fabulous Food Plant: Paramount Citrus

Learn more about this fabulous food plant in Food Engineering's article, found here.

Podcasts

Burns & McDonnell project manager RJ Hope and senior project engineer Justin Hamilton discuss the distinctions between Food Safety and Food Defense as well as the implications for food manufacturers of the Food Safety Modernization Act.
More Podcasts

What was your favorite part of FA&M 2014?

View Results Poll Archive

THE MAGAZINE

Food Engineering Magazine

Food engineering magazine 2014 april cover

2014 April

Catch a preview of the Powder and Bulk Show in this April 2014 edition of Food Engineering. Also, be sure to check out a coffee stick making a real stir and a major advancement in the the pet food industry.
Table Of Contents Subscribe

THE FOOD ENGINEERING STORE

Food-Authentication-Flyer-(.gif
Food Authentication Using Bioorganic Molecules

This text provides critical tools and data needed to augment routine food analysis and enhance food safety by aiding in the detection of counterfeit, and potentially deleterious, foods.

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

Food Master

Food Master Cover 2014Food Master 2014 is now available!

Where the buying process begins in the food and beverage manufacturing market. 

Visit www.foodmaster.com to learn more.

STAY CONNECTED

FE recent tweets

facebook_40.pngtwitter_40px.pngyoutube_40px.pnglinkedin_40px.png