This March, attendees of ProMat 2015 and Automate 2015 will explore the latest technologies in the manufacturing industry and get a peek into the future of supply chain automation.
Held March 23-26 at Chicago’s McCormick Place South, ProMat 2015 is the largest expo for manufacturing and supply chain professionals in North America. This year, more than 800 exhibitors from industry, commerce and government will display their supply chain solutions and innovations on the 300,000-sq.-ft. show floor.
Produced by MHI, the nation’s largest material handling, logistics and supply chain association, the show will provide access to the latest material handling and logistics equipment and technologies.
According to MHI, industry professionals from more than 110 countries are expected to attend the event. Leading manufacturers from across North America will display exhibits representing the following technologies:
- Material handling equipment and systems
- Packaging, containers and shipping equipment
- Inventory management and controlling technologies
- Dock and warehouse equipment and supplies
- Automatic identification equipment and systems
- Logistics and supply chain management.
The 2015 show will be divided into three solution-specific centers: manufacturing and assembly solutions, fulfillment and delivery solutions, and information technology (IT) solutions.
An educational conference will accompany the show, with more than 100 industry seminars on topics ranging from robotics to big data. This year, Apple Inc. Co-founder Steve Wozniak will speak on the “Future of Technology,” sharing his view on the state of technology in America.
Other speakers include:
- Renee Niemi, director of the Android and Chrome Global Business, Google for Work, who will speak on “Transforming Your Manufacturing Business for the New Digital Age.”
- John Mackey, co-founder and CEO of Whole Foods Market, will discuss “Conscious Capitalism: Blueprint for a new system for doing business.”
- MHI CEO George Prest and Scott Sopher, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP, will present a preview of the MHI 2015 annual industry report.
Co-located at the event will be Automate 2015. Organized by the Association for Advancing Automation (A3), the show, which is held every two years, is a solutions-based showcase of automation technologies in North America. Formerly the International Robots, Vision & Motion Control Show, the Automate show will demonstrate the full spectrum of automation technologies and solutions for a broad array of industries.
A3 says exhibitors have booked 150 percent more space on the exhibit floor this year than what was secured in 2013.
“Today’s automation industry is rapidly growing with new innovations, markets and technology,” says Jeff Burnstein, president of A3. “The growth of Automate 2015 reflects the enthusiasm and advancement around automation technology. Automate 2015 provides suppliers, distributors, integrators and end-users an avenue for making connections, learning about new technology, discussing challenges and discovering automation solutions and opportunities.”
Live demonstrations will be shared by companies that provide integration of automation, robotics and machine vision. The show will also include comprehensive educational classes, as well as features on the latest robotic, vision and motion control technologies.