A Cargill beef processing plant in Schuyler, NE was shut down after workers detected an ammonia leak at around 3:40 am Wednesday morning.

Cargill spokesman Mike Martin told the Columbus Telegram that after shutting off the gas and evacuating, employees noticed a fire in the area between the ceiling and roof of the fabrication floor. The fire was extinguished when the local volunteer fire department arrived on scene. Martin said damage occurred to insulation and a natural gas-fueled refrigeration unit and dehumidifier unit on the roof. No one was injured in the fire.