Rockwell launches Best Future Machine award
The award will recognize engineering innovation and machine design.
Industrial automation company Rockwell Automation announced it will launch a new global award at interpack 2017—May 7-10, Dusseldorf, Germany—that will recognize and reward engineering innovation and machine design that address the future needs of the manufacturing industry.
“interpack is the perfect event for showcasing innovation,” says Urs Marti, director for industries-EMEA, Rockwell. “In addition to addressing the needs of one of the most demanding markets globally, many exhibitors use the show to launch their latest innovations and machines. We are always impressed with the level of technological advancement we see at the event, and we felt that it was time to recognize these achievements with an award specifically for innovation.”
Any company with a machine at the 2017 show that deploys Rockwell Automation products or solutions can enter for a chance to win. A number of subcategories have been established that define the eligibility to enter:
- Modular Machines – Flexible, Pack Styles, Materials
- Smart Machines – Safety, Integration, Information, Real-time Diagnostic, Operating Efficiency and Data Tracking
- Ease of Use – Intuitive HMI, Simple Troubleshooting, Easy Changeover
- Sustainability – Reduced Waste Material, Energy Efficiency
- Traceability and Product Safety – Product Safety, Serialization, Sanitary Design, Product Tracking.
Nominations for the Best Future Machine award must be submitted by October 31. Finalists will be shortlisted by the end of the year. A panel representing leading global end-users and a number of in-country industry associations will choose the winners in each category. An overall winner will then be selected. The winners will be announced at the Rockwell Automation VIP Evening event and featured in all Rockwell promotional activities after the show.
More information is available here.