Smithfield Foods, Inc. announces the launch of a plant-based protein portfolio under the company’s Pure Farmland brand. The new line is available in a range of breakfast patties, meatballs, burger patties and pre-seasoned protein starters to help consumers grow their plant-based protein options for all meal occasions, including breakfast, lunch, dinner and appetizers.
The soy-based line is made with natural flavors and is gluten- and dairy-free
Pure Farmland products cater to tpeople who choose a “flexitarian” eating style, in which they are actively trying to consume less meat in their diets.
The new items include:
- Simply seasoned plant-based burger patties.
- Plant-based burger patties with dairy-free cheddar alternative.
- Homestyle plant-based meatballs.
- Italian-style plant-based meatballs with dairy free parmesan alternative.
- Savory original plant-based breakfast patties.
- Maple plant-based breakfast patties.
- Simply seasoned plant-based protein starters.
- Mild Italian-style plant-based protein starters.
Offered in sustainable packaging with trays made from more than 50% recycled material, the company reports that Pure Farmland has committed to empower local farmers and farms by partnering with the American Farmland Trust. With every package sold, the brand pledges to donate the cost of protecting one square foot of farmland. These donations will help the American Farmland Trust continue to further its mission of protecting the nation’s farm and ranch land as well as promoting sound farming practices and supporting farmers.
The products will be available in the fresh, refrigerated sections of grocery retailers nationwide in mid-September. For more information, visit www.pure-farmland.com.