Jim Hardy, most recently head of global manufacturing at The Clorox Co., has joined ConAgra Foods as senior vice president, enterprise manufacturing.

KELLY
Jim Hardy, most recently head of global manufacturing at The Clorox Co., has joined ConAgra Foods as senior vice president, enterprise manufacturing.

The board of directors of the Coca-Cola Co. appointed Geoffrey Kelly as general counsel and elected Carol Hayes as corporate secretary of the company. Kelly most recently served as senior vice president and acting general counsel for Coca-Cola. Hayes was previously the company's assistant vice president, deputy secretary for board affairs.



Sargento Foods hired Phil Delpierre as director of research & development. Prior to joining Sargento, Delpierre worked for Kraft Foods as a section manager in research & development.

Cargill has acquired Integrated Bakery Resources, a provider of pre-mix systems, finished foods and related marketing services to North American-based bakers and retailers. The acquisition includes Breadsong Baking Co., IBR's wholly owned commercial baking and blending operation, which employs 78 people.

Cal-Maine Foods is buying the operations of Hillandale Farms and Hillandale Farms of Florida. Cal-Maine will acquire 51 percent of the company immediately and will purchase the remaining 49 percent over the next four years. Jack Hazen, founder of Hillandale, will continue to serve as chief operating officer of the operations.

Imperial Sugar Co. is selling its Holly Sugar Corp. subsidiary to Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative, a sugar-processing cooperative. Holly Sugar's primary operations include two beet sugar factories, located in Brawley and Mendota, CA, a distribution facility in Tracy, CA, and Holly Hybrids, a beet seed processor and marketer in Sheridan, WY.



NEWMAN
Mettler-Toldeo Hi-Speed appointed Robert Newman as business manager of service and customer support. Newman most recently served as vice president of customer support and implementation with Moldflow Corp.

Betsy Holden, president, global marketing & category development with Kraft Foods, is leaving the company and resigning her position on the company's board of directors. Paula Sneed, formerly senior vice president, marketing resources, will assume the position of executive vice president, global marketing resources & initiatives. John Baxter, formerly senior vice president, global snacks, will become executive vice president, global category development.