With an expected attendance of 45,000, exhibitor booths numbered at 1,600 and an expanded focus on packaging and processing solutions, Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI) is positioning its PACK EXPO International 2010 event as a complete packaging and processing show in the world’s largest market. Scheduled for October 31 through November 3 at Chicago’s McCormick Place, PACK EXPO allows attendees to connect with both colleagues and suppliers as they evaluate the latest innovations in equipment, containers and materials.
PMMI has developed a series of new features for the 2010 show including:
• The Processing Zone, housing processing technologies to help companies address the production line as a complete process, especially when looking at rates, efficiencies and other improvements
• The Confectionery Pavilion, concentrating on the confection and snack food sectors
• The Brand Zone, formerly known as the Containers & Materials Pavilion, showcasing containers and materials designed to increase visual impact, enhance convenience, maximize shelf life and add functionality
• Project 2020-The Consumer Experience, providing a look into the future of packaging and retail through emerging trends and technologies
• The DistriPak Pavilion, offering attendees new ways to find industrial packaging distributors and manufacturers of machinery and materials that sell through the distribution channel.
In addition to the show floor exhibits, PACK EXPO will include a series of co-located conference events from: Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) on November 1 and 2; Institute of Packaging Professionals on November 1, 2 and 3; The Packaging Association on November 2; and The Flexographic Technical Association (FTA)/Converting and Package Printing Expo on November 1 and 2.
GMA conference sessions include three tracks: operational reliability, product safety and sustainability. Alan Wilson, president & CEO of McCormick & Company, will give the keynote address on Manufacturing Excellence on Monday, November 1.
Other GMA conference sessions include: Advances in Effective Lot Tracking; Downstream Consumer Trends’ Effect on Upstream Manufacturing; Pursuit of Overall Equipment Efficiency; Welcome to the New World of FDA Food Safety Modernization; Meeting & Managing the Myriad Food Safety Certification Requirements for CPG Manufacturing Plants; Upstream Migration of “Green” Requirements for Suppliers; Manufacturing Execution Systems: Advances in Successful Implementation; Successful Raw Materials Sourcing in Today’s Global Procurement Environment; Lessons Learned in Implementing Lean-to-Green Manufacturing in Plants; Workforce Development: What Got You Here Won’t Get You There; and Back to the Future in CPG Manufacturing: Re-thinking Simulation & Modeling!
PACK EXPO AT A GLANCE
Where: McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
When: Sunday, October 31 through Wednesday, November 3
Exhibit Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Conference Sessions: Monday, November 1 through Wednesday, November 3
Contact: 703-243-8555 or www.packexpo.com