Representatives from the entire food supply chain will converge this April for Pest Invasion 2015 to network and focus on key aspects of food safety and pest management practices that impact the entire custody chain.
The seminar will be held on Tuesday, April 21 at the Drury Lane Theatre & Conference Center in Oakbrook, IL. Attendees will gain information on topics related to pests and other contamination concerns for the food supply chain of custody, including public health importance, as well as FDA regulations, foodborne illness and security.
“In our over 20 years of hosting Pest Invasion, we continue to bring in leading experts to discuss timely and relevant topics essential to the food industry,” says Chris McCloud, president and CEO of McCloud Services. “With over 300 professionals in attendance, this is a great opportunity to network with industry peers or exhibit to target buyers and decision-makers in the food industry. We have a great speaker line-up again in 2015 and look forward to another successful and informative seminar.”
The event seeks to bring together individuals from the entire food supply chain of custody, including food industry, pest management and environmental health professionals.
Last year’s event highlighted the shift in food production from the US to countries like China, Brazil and Mexico; economically motivated food adulteration; and new research in UV bulbs used in insect light traps.
Speakers at the seminar this April include:
- Debby Newslow, President, D.L. Newslow & Associates, Inc. Topic: HACCP vs. HARPC.
- Lance Reeve, Director of Global Innovation, AIB International. Topic: FSMA and Transportation Rules.
- Bobby Corrigan, PhD, President, RMC Pest Management Consulting. Topic: Rodent Diseases and Rodent Update.
- Rod Wheeler, Food & Facility Defense Specialist, AIB International. Topic: Food Security.
- James Campbell, Research Entomologist, USDA. Topic: Stored Product Pests and Pheromones.
- Doug Johnson, Extension Professor of Entomology and IPM Coordinator, University of Kentucky. Topic: Pest Management from Farm to Fork.
Founded in 1904, McCloud Services provides integrated pest management solutions, serving the food supply chain of custody, healthcare, hospitality, property management and retail industries. The Illinois-based company specializes in integrated pest management (IPM), pest proofing, electronic data collection, GFSI audit compliance, food safety training, food safety audits and LEED-compliant programs.
For more information on Pest Invasion, or to register, visit www.regonline.com/pestinvasion2015.