The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say at least 16 people in five states have been sickened by Salmonella food poisoning linked to ground beef. At least seven of those individuals ate a raw ground beef dish called kibbeh at a suburban Detroit restaurant last month. No one has died but half of those sickened have been hospitalized. Most illnesses have been in Michigan, but cases were also scattered through Arizona, Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Raw beef sickens 16, leads to recall
Most illnesses have been in Michigan.
January 28, 2013