PANGAIA, the materials science company on a mission to build an earth-positive business, announces the launch of PANGAIA Health, expanding the brand portfolio to a new lifestyle division, and introduces its first product category, PANGAIA Superfoods.
The brand’s foray into the superfood category begins with the launch of PANGAIA Super Super Bar Developed through a global collective, which includes scientists, farmers, nutritionists and culinary leaders, Super Super Bars combines nature’s superfood ingredients with science in a bar that has a lower impact on the planet.
The first bar in the portfolio, the Prickly Pear + Goji Berry Super Super Bar, is a plant-based, superfood bar made with sweet prickly pear, goji berries, sprouted red quinoa and coconut. The 50g bar is high-fiber, gluten-free, and nutrient dense. Ingredients include:
• Prickly Pear: Both a fruit and a vegetable, the prickly pear is an excellent source of micronutrients containing iron, magnesium, vitamin C, potassium, calcium, and vitamin B6.
• Goji Berry: This highly nutrient dense fruit is native to Asia and an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, dominated by Vitamin A, Iron and Vitamin C.
• Sprouted Red Quinoa: A more easily digestible form of quinoa, a highly nutritious grain containing proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
• Incredo sugar: An innovative new technology that increases the concentration of natural cane sugar at our taste receptors, allowing us to formulate with 50% less sugar without sacrificing in sweetness or taste.
• Meltec fiber: A proprietary vegetable fiber mixture that is syrup-like in consistency, sugar-free and utilizes partially upcycled ingredients based on vegetable fibers from corn and legumes.
In line with PANGAIA’s Impact mission, PANGAIA Superfoods is consciously designed to give back with these three pillars:
• Carbon Neutral: Super Super Bars are certified carbon neutral through investments in clean energy projects like wind, solar and biomass energy to balance carbon emissions.
• Supporting 1 Trillion Bees: Every box purchased will plant ten square feet of flowers, saving bees and keeping the world’s food supply chain intact by supporting the ‘Bee The Change’ fund which aids in bumblebee reintroduction projects, pollinator survival, biodiversity, sustainable farming practices and ecosystem restoration.
• Minimal Packaging: The Super Super Bar wrapper will decompose in home or industrial compost. The box is recyclable.
With plans to expand the PANGAIA HEALTH division, the Super Super Bar lays the foundation for the launch of new products throughout 2022. The first Super Super Bar will start at $35 for a pack of seven bars and will be available online only.
This launch combines bio-tech, food science, nature and functional nutrition into products that are carbon neutral. Shepherding PANGAIA into this new category of CPG is industry veteran Ira Laufer, who has been architecting this new division for PANGAIA since 2021.
“PANGAIA is thrilled to expand into the category of superfoods, and continue its mission of building a healthy planet," says Laufer, CEO of PANGAIA Health. “We are driven by a vision of ‘hi-tech naturalism’ across our products, we look to bring the brilliance of nature complimented with today’s food science to create solutions that promote health for us and our planet. As PANGAIA launches into this new category, we are focused on eliminating many of the most damaging aspects of the food industry to help our community harness the abundance of nature and convert it into tangible and effective wellness solutions.”
PANGAIA Superfoods feature products that balance science and nature while championing human and planetary health. Developed, tested and born from the PANGAIA mission to bring breakthrough science and innovation to everyday products, PANGAIA Superfoods will offer functional foods that are powered by biotech and responsible ingredients.