Food and beverage industry professionals will reconvene at Anuga FoodTec, held this year in Cologne, Germany from March 24 to 27.
The fair, organized by Koelnmesse and the DLG(Deutsche Landwirtschafts-Gesellschaft – German Agricultural Society), seeks to reinforce its status as the cross-industry expo for food and beverage industry specialists and suppliers.
This year’s theme is “resource efficiency.” According to the organizers, exhibitors will present manifold solutions for reducing energy, water and food resources during the production process. Other events at the fair will examine the theme from different points of view.
The 2015 show has also adopted a motto of “One For All—All In One,” which highlights the fact that alongside technology, devices and applications, the necessary materials (packaging, ingredients and all other important building blocks of the production and packaging process) will be on display.
“Under the ‘One for All – All in One’ motto, Anuga FoodTec 2015 is intended to inspire the international food industry and launch a raft of new ideas taking the entire processing chain into account,” says Dietmar Eiden, head of division in trade fair management at Koelnmesse (Messemanagement Koelnmesse GmbH).
The trade fair will feature five exhibition segments: Food Processing, Food Packaging, Food Safety, Services/Solutions and the newly added Ingredients segment.
When the fair last convened in 2012, it drew a record-breaking 43,000 visitors from 126 countries. The number of visitors grew by 27 percent, the amount of space by 21 percent and the number of exhibitors by 10 percent over the event held in 2009. Current exhibit and space sales promise yet another record-breaker for the 2015 edition.
Organizers say there are six reasons food industry professionals should attend:
1) Anuga FoodTec draws 43,000 high-profile manufacturers as well as mid-sized processors: 12 percent employ 10,000+ staff; 18 percent have 1,000 to 9,999; 32 percent have 100 to 999; and 24 percent have 10 to 99.
2) Anuga FoodTec attracts C-level executives, plant and production managers, R&D leaders and category buyers. An impressive 78 percent are directly involved in decision-making. All top-10 global food and beverage manufacturers attend.
3) Anuga FoodTec is a truly international trade platform with 44 percent of visitors hailing from Germany, 39 percent from Europe (excluding Germany), 5.8 percent from Asia, 5.3 percent from Africa/MENA and 4.3 percent from the Americas.
4) Anuga FoodTec’s top-10 international visitor countries are the Netherlands, Russia, Switzerland, Italy, France, Belgium, Turkey, Sweden, Poland and the United Kingdom.
5) Anuga FoodTec visitors are satisfied buyers: 98 percent are (very) satisfied with the show overall and meeting their goals; 93 percent would recommend Anuga FoodTec to peers; and 83 percent are (very) satisfied with new business connections made.
6) Anuga FoodTec exhibitors are (very) satisfied with the visitor quality (97 percent), with goals achieved (94 percent) and with the number of visitors (85 percent); 83 percent consider Anuga FoodTec the most important event of the industry.
More information of the show can be found here.